It doesn't event deserve the 1 star rating....
I was told about this place by my hairdresser and so I thought I would give it a try. I usually order my extension on line from a place in LA, but recently the availability of stock had gotten low and I was looking forward to going to an actual store and walking out with the hair.
I found the boutique in NoHo with no problem, had to wait outside for a bit because the sales person was in the back, but not a big deal. Their selection is pretty limited because they do not offer different colors, but their whole thing is that the hair is unprocessed so to dye it would not be keeping with their intentions to sell "virgin hair". I bought the 2 packages from the pure collection and a closure. It looked great, I was very happy with my full head weave and got tons of compliments. I usually keep my closures for 8 months but will buy fresh hair every time I do a new weave. About 2 months into wearing the closure, I noticed that the hair was thinning in a major way on top. It looked like I was sick and losing my hair - it was devastating! I had about 4 more weeks before my next appointment, and my stylist is booked up until then so I couldn't come in for an emergency fix. I resorted to wearing hats all the time.
I went back to the store today because I finally will be getting my hair redone next Saturday. I still loved the way the hair looked and felt so I was going to buy new hair and discuss with them the situation with the closure. Either they were going to make me a happy customer (aka offer to fix it or give me a new one, give me a discount - something!) or I would just buy the hair and get a new closure somewhere else.
I get to the store about 20 minutes before it's scheduled to close. I stand outside for a while, no-one appears to be inside. I knock on the door, wait a bit more and was about to leave when Toya finally came into view. She has a plastic smile on her face but what I really saw was someone who was upset that I had interrupted her doing whatever it was that she was doing in the back. Anyway, not a big deal, I just want to get what I came to get and go about my day. I tell her the hair I want and then I show her the mess of the closure. She does not acknowledge that the hair piece looks bad (I mean ridiculous bad!), she just plasters her fake smile and says that I can go to a women who can fix the closure for me. Great! they will fix their faulty product - great solution! Oh no no no.... What Toya meant was that I could go and pay someone additional money, who did not work for Indique, to fix this faulty product - this was very telling to me - If she can whip off this person's number off the top of her head, obviously they send a lot of customers to this person to fix their shoddy hairpieces. Mine was not a unique situation!
I explain to Toya that is really not an option because I do not intend to spend any more money on this shoddy, crappy closure - I have already spent $300.00!!!! With her plastic, now sarcastic smile, she calmly says that is not her problem, she is just giving me the option - I can do whatever I want to do. I then calmly back explain that I would like to know what options there are to explore with Indique and the number she should be giving me is for someone within the company who can tell me what they can do for me. She gives me customer service number, which is great - I'll take it up with them.
In the end, I did not end up buying the other hair extensions that I planned to purchase because of Toya's attitude through the whole experience. She could not seem to grasp that as a customer service representative, I did not expect her to be able to give me a new closure for free or to give me a discount, I know there are limits on what can be done at the store level. But what I did expect is that as a representative of the company, she would at least acknowledge that what I showed her is not acceptable by Indique quality standards and that she would be helpful in directing me to who could help rectify the situation. Instead, she was condescending, rude and had the attitude that I was bothering her Sunday. She also convinced me that Indique definitely has a quality issue if they have someone on hand to fix their shoddy products. I've had issues in the past with hair extensions stripping off the weft or some other issue and the Companies (Lugo, Adorables) have always been happy to compensate me and rectify the situation because they understand the importance of quality and customer service.
Don't just take my advice, check out other reviews on Indique - the quality is not worth the money and the poor customer service will make your head spin.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hair Extension Closure
- Review category
- Beauty Centers and Spas
You May Also Like
- "First I would like to tell you if you are looking to pay a lot of money for a mani (GEL) and pedi done in a range of 5-10 min..."
- "I purchased Indique Tahitian Wave 24' 3 weeks ago and had it installed. When it came it was excited because of the packaging and the few reviews I saw about..."
- "FYI: this is the Smartstyle in the Fort Walton Beach, Florida Walmart on Beal Pkwy. I sat down and was told to un-cross my legs, scoot my butt back in the..."
- "On June 20th 2015 (Saturday) I applied for a DOT number from the Department Of Transportation, an agency of the US Government. I paid the $300 nonrefundable fee and hit the..."
- "I have ordered a home phone service to be added to my Verizon double play. I requested a phone only for one month and to be cancelled anytime. For the..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "When times are tight and then you come across an ad that offers a great product for a great price, only to see it is false is sad. I didn't..."